Thursday, June 22nd only, head on over to your local participating Sonic Drive-In restaurant to score 50¢ Corn Dogs!
My kitten Molly is a rescue kitten. My husband is a police officer and found her at the scene of one of his calls. She was trapped in a boat covered in gasoline. Keep in mind this is a guy who has never wanted a cat and has always ignored my begging and pleading for a cat for 6 years now. He ended up bringing this little girl home on Easter morning and we found out through the local vet that she was about 2 weeks old. I bottle fed her until she could start chewing kitten food (she didn’t even have teeth when we first started caring for her! Aww!) and now she’s a little spitfire. She is full of energy and always looking for the next thing to play with. Some of her favorites are:
- My son’s plastic balls from his ball pit. She will play with these for close to 20 minutes before she is on to the next adventure. She chases them around the house and swats them so they will fly through the hallway!
- She loves her toy fabric mice full of catnip. We have 3, and they almost always end up under the couches because she plays with them so hard! She will swat them and chase them just like the plastic balls, but these tend to fly in the air since they are much lighter.
- She really loves to chase our dog. My dog is a 12-pound chihuahua and Molly only weighs about 3 pounds right now. My poor dog is terrified of Molly! But Molly loves to chase her and play with her. Eventually they will become best buds 🙂
- I recently came across this set of cat scratchers and teaser toys that Molly has just gone crazy over! Check it out:
She loves the scratch pad – I recently had to cut her nails for the first time (RIP leather couches!!) so these feel really good on her paws! She is also OBSESSED with the fish on a stick. I bounced that thing in front of her for almost half and hour and she never stopped going after it! She jumps up in the air after it, she runs in circles and will pull it across the floor! I would say this is her new favorite toy.
5 reasons to own a Cash System Wallet
Sponsored by: The Cash System Wallet
Written by: Thriving on a Budget
Are you looking for a new wallet that seems to have it all? I am pretty sure I can help you out with that! As you know, we are all about spending carefully and wisely here at Thriving on a Budget. I am always using coupons, I plan my shopping trips, I use the cash system to help with our budget, and I just try to keep my wallet as organized as possible. I found out years ago that an organized wallet really helps to cut down on unnecessary spending. The Cash System Wallet works out great for me! Here are 5 reasons to own a Cash System Wallet:
- Organization. As you can see in the provided photos, organization is made easy with this wallet! The Cash System Wallet is designed to keep your cash and cards secure, accessible, and organized. Inside, find 6 card slots, 10 cash/receipt slots, and 2 ID windows. That is enough to keep your main cards separated from other cards, such as discount cards and store rewards cards. Also, note that the wallet comes with labels for each slot to help keep things even more organized!
- Self-Awareness with spending. I really like that I can see all of my cash and where it is going when I use the labels that specify what that particular cash slot is for. It is so easy for me to swipe my card and not think about it (yes, I am guilty of that too!) but looking at my cash brings a lot of self-awareness. This ties in with my next point…
- This wallet works perfectly with the Dave Ramsey program! If you haven’t checked this out yet, you need to! Dave is a great resource for becoming debt-free the smart way and he recommends using a cash-only system. If you want more information, you can check out the huge Facebook group I am a part of! They have tons of members willing to help and teach!
- Coupons. I usually have a separate wallet I use for coupons, but this wallet makes it possible for me to hold my coupons as well as my other regular wallet contents! If I can cut down on the amount of things I carry around, you better believe I will!
- Lastly, you can choose from over 15 different patterns! I have searched and searched for a wallet like this one using my favorite site, Amazon, but the options as far as patterns go are very slim! I love that I can choose my favorite pattern from a large list – it almost feels like my Cash System Wallet was custom-made just for me! I chose the patriotic one in the photo below because my husband is a combat veteran and I support him and our great country every way that I can!
Are you ready to dive in to the new world of budgeting and organization? If so, you are in luck! My readers get a $5 discount on one of these awesome Cash System Wallets! Simply enter code ThrivingTake5 before July 31, 2017!
Make sure you check them out on Facebook as well – they have giveaways! 😀
Disclosure: I was selected to try this Cash System Wallet for free in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.
Sonic will be offering 1/2 priced shakes and ice cream slushes all day long on Thursday, May 25th! Yummy!!